Center for Lao Studies
Founded in 2006 the mission of the Center for Lao Studies (CLS) is to advance knowledge and engagement in the field of Lao Studies through research, education and information sharing. The Program Director is a key staff member of CLS. Reporting to the Executive Director, he/she provides planning and program leadership in all areas of the Center for Lao Studies. The Program Director is responsible for program management, development, recruitment strategies, promotion, outreach, fundraising, and assessment and evaluation. CLS's programs includes: Lao Oral History Archive, Summer Study Abroad in Laos, Publications, Journal of Lao Studies, Lao TLC, and the International Conference on Lao Studies. This position is based at our San Francisco office.
|Estimate % of time||Key Responsibilities|
|25%||Program Planning and Development|
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Must be US Citizen or Resident
- Bachelors Degree required
- Masters Degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in the nonprofit sector
- Minimum 2-3 years of management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong facilitation Skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Willing to travel
- Willing to work some nights and weekends
- Demonstrated belief in the Center for Lao Studies' mission and values
- Knowledge of the Lao language is a plus, but not necessary
This is a one year temporary position that may be extended or become a permanent full time position. It is a contract position, half-time, 20 hour work week.
Compensation w ill be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter along with resume to email@example.com by . Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.