An international conference on 'The Future Museum: an Asian Perspective' is being organized by the Centre for Asian Studies, University of Kelaniya to be held on 28thOctober 2014 at the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. Abstracts of papers should be sent beforeand acceptance will be notified case by case at our earliest convenience. Full papers of the accepted abstracts are necessary before if you wish to be considered it to be included in the conference publication which will be issued during the conference.
Papers on the following themes are welcome:
- Conceptual and theoretical issues on the future museums.
- Planning of existing museums to cope up with the future.
- Issues related to repatriation of museum objects.
- Social media, communication and dissemination of knowledge.
- Museums for persons of special requirements.
- Museums as ' Soft Power' of international politics.
- 'Heritage families' and 'House Museums'.
- Museums for children and 'Teaching Museums'.
- Display, security, maintenance and research in the Digital Age.
- Advance techniques and methods of conservation of museum objects.
You may present your paper on any other aspect related to the conference theme. All conference participants should be registered prior to attend the conference. You may ask to pay a nominal registration fee which you can pay at the registration desk. All paper presenters will be provided meals, refreshments and the Conference kit, but we regret that we are not in a position to help you for travelling, accommodation and other expenses incurred due to the conference.
Abstracts, full papers and for all communications please contact Ms. Indrachapa Gunasekara