FELLOWSHIP FOR YOUNG SCHOLARS
The Pacific Trade and Development (PAFTAD) Fellowship for Young Scholars is aimed at attracting emerging economists in the Asia Pacific region and to assist them in contributing to discussion of Asia Pacific economic policy and the work of PAFTAD.
It is widely considered one of the most distinguished fellowships available to young researchers in the field. Up to 5 of the Fellowships will be offered by the PAFTAD Secretariat in 2015.
The Young Fellows program will take place in the run-up to the 37th PAFTAD Conference, co-hosted with the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies in Singapore from 2-5 June 2015.
· Unpublished empirical paper on themes related to Asia Pacific trade and economic development (see www.paftad.org/fellowshipfor previous topics selected).
· 7,000 - 10,000 words (including abstract of less than 300 words).
· Individual author.
· Current résumé (including citizenship(s), date of birth and gender).
· Aged 35 years or younger at 2 June 2015 (proof of age will be required if selected).
· Be available to participate for the duration of the Conference ().
· Have not previously been selected as a PAFTAD Young Fellow.
Paper and résumé must be emailed to email@example.com by , .
· Return economy airfare to Singapore from home institution.
· Registration for the Young Fellows Seminar and PAFTAD Conference.
· Accommodation for the duration of the Young Fellows Seminar and PAFTAD Conference ().
· Publication of your paper as a PAFTAD Working Paper (see: http://paftad.org/publications
Involvement in PAFTAD conference
· Present your paper at the Young Fellows Seminar ().
· Act as a discussant on another Young Fellow’s paper (2 June).
· Attend and provide comment where possible on the papers presented during the PAFTAD Conference ().