Position Vacancy - Summer 2015 Intern
BGA Headquarters – Washington, DC
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (www.bowergroupasia.com) is a specialized advisory firm working with premier multinational companies and humanitarian organizations in Asia. BowerGroupAsia (BGA) clients include Fortune 100 companies. With 14 field offices in Asia (and expanding) BGA brings unparalleled expertise, experience and networks in Asia and the Pacific to support the world’s top companies in facilitating investments, solving problems, managing risk and capturing new opportunities.
We are seeking an intern for BGA headquarters office to:
· Provide research support for the headquarters office and BGA field offices throughout Asia and the Pacific relating to politics, economics, regulation, international trade, and business intelligence;
· Prepare and edit briefings, profiles, presentations, memos, research papers, BGA event handbooks and other materials for clients;
· Aid in the development of country specific news updates for clients;
· Monitor relevant news items for client updates on sector-specific developments;
· Cover events in Washington relating to the Asia-Pacific region at think tanks, universities, embassies, and other foreign policy relevant institutions and convey associated reports to BGA staff;
· Provide logistical support for BGA events in Washington;
· Support the work of BGA research directors, senior directors and managing directors as needed;
· Assist with data inputting and other administrative tasks.
We seek a collegial and highly motivated colleague who is equally comfortable and effective working in small teams and independently and has the following skills:
· Strong research, analysis and writing skills and the ability to utilize them in conveying critical insights and information on political economy and the business policy environment is essential. A proven track record in producing deliverables such as described above will be highly advantageous.
· Computer competence with Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and web browsing tools is required.
· Specific knowledge in some areas of business would be ideal, including but not limited to: finance, energy, information technology and electronics, transport and distribution, manufacturing, fast-moving consumer goods, agriculture, healthcare, and media.
· Specific knowledge of and experience with the Asia-Pacific region is also ideal.
· High proficiency in a Southeast Asian or South Asian language, or in Chinese Mandarin will be an advantage.
· Both undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a CV or resume and a cover letter to Research Director Farrah Meisel (email@example.com). Please note that this is a paid internship and a commitment of 35 - 40 hours per week is requested.