CIPE’s Asia Program is recruiting an intern who is highly motivated, details oriented, and has a strong foundation in Southeast Asian studies and international relations/political economy. The intern will work with the Asia team and focus on the political economy of Burma, Thailand, and Cambodia. Specifically, the intern will conduct open source research on the economic policies and developmental challenges in these countries. The ideal candidate will have an interest in Asian affairs, research or relevant past internship experience, good analytical skills, and the discipline to work independently. Burmese, Thai, or Khmer language skills are helpful but not required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Assist in research and writing conference reports, event summaries, and other such projects as dictated by program needs.
· Assist in background research on issues pertaining to political economic policies.
· Monitor and report on events in Southeast Asia.
· Provide logistical and administrative support to ongoing programs and projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Excellent analytical, writing skills, and demonstrated research experience.
· Fluency in English is required; Asian language is a plus (particularly Burmese, Thai, or Khmer).
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Pursuing a degree in International Relations, International Development, Regional Studies, or Economics Studies.
· Previous experience at a think tank, foundation, NGO, government body, media outlet, or similar organization preferred.
Preferred time commitment: 20 hours per week.
Applications, including a cover letter describing your qualifications and your resume (in Word or PDF format) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting applications via email, candidates should use the following format for the subject line: [Applicant last name] – Asia.